Saturday, October 16, 2010

Short Public Speech In Company Anniversary

A different music in the Gothic Quarter

I know that the conditions are not the best.
I know that I do not know where I will play.
I know that I'm afraid of this confrontation.

But I have to go play among the people.
's what I want to do. Always.
That 's what I can do.

the morning I give the guitar tuner.
And on.
To begin I will give a peek at the Park Guell.
the very least, I think, I saw a beautiful park.

No. It is not true.
the very least I lost some time.
Because when I get them 'There are tourists everywhere.
MusicStar in every corner. Who have paid to the municipality a permit to be there '.
Police in every corner of the park.

"I came to try to play at the park, "I tell myself. waterfalls and the world a small set I will.
I find a niche.
Far from the tourists. Far from the transition. Among the rocks and trees.
And I start play.

In a mezora pass a dozen people.
At the end of the thirty minutes collect the five € that I deserved. And I'm leaving.
But the sight of the sculptures of Gaudi 'is only postponed .

Arrival in the Gothic Quarter. Walking.
And I 'I let myself be guided.
walk, I walk. Until it rests on a series of concrete blocks where you can sit.
A small alley. Just passing through. Good acoustics.
I start my set.
And I hear the response of the people go by.
not all, of course. But there is. It 'true.
And I know that is not easy in a city like this.

After an hour, though, I decided to change seats. The police and frequent, and it is better to be moving to avoid it.
few crossings further find another angle. Very nice.
There is this arch that opens onto an alley, with a pedestal just below.
People who pass by here are not just tourists. I realize. And I like it.

I decide to start now. Standing.
At the end of the first song released alongside the store owner.
Damn, I think, wants to evict me.
"Nice music chico, this is for you!" He says. And leave me a two-euro coin.

So go ahead, I continue, got in touch with that little corner, I do not think that by now more a part of that turbine.

So it sounds Viorica.
Sounds.
Sounds like yesterday, as always. And do not stop.


0 comments:

Post a Comment